Monday, March 24, 2008

THE DAY WE MET OUR DAUGHTER





This was it...we woke up on Monday morning the 10th, went down for breakfast and our lives were FOREVER changed by this little Ethiopian girl named Hana! We had breakfast with the group and then Almaz walked in. We did some paper work with her, then 2 of the families went to meet their children. Melissa/Dan and Josh and I stayed back and waited for Almaz to come get us. Before I went to Ethiopia I couldn't understand HOW you can get there, go to sleep then do paperwork all before meeting your kids!!!!!!!!! BUT it was an amazing peace that came over me. I was ready to go meet her but not too hysterical...(probably b/c i knew for sure it was going to happen)...So, we made the "Walk" to Hannah's Hope. The walk I dreamt of for so long, heard so much about and there we were actually walking the walk to the gates of ALL GODS CHILDREN. It all seemed surreal...the whole trip felt surreal...

As we walked thru the gates there were kids every where. Toddlers, older kids and tons of babies. It was amazing. Melissa and Dan met their daughter which I have the most amazing video of. Their amazing daughter looked so cute in her little sunglasses they sent to her. She is beautiful and will be in my heart forever...(ALONG WITH HER PARENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
then I walked over with Almaz with Josh videoing to see my little Hannie on the floor on a mat, face turned away from me. I KNEW IT WAS HER! I picked her up and it was like she was always our daughter. I can't explain the feeling...


Kind of like Suzi Redman said to me. When she picked her daughter up for the first time its like "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" all the waiting is over and finally there she is...not balling crying just ahhhhhhhhh what a relief. That's how I felt. The balling crying came later in the week. BELIEVE ME! :) Maya looked JUST like she did in person as she did in her pictures but more beautiful. I remember looking at her just not being able to grasp how beautiful her eyes were. They are so black u can't see the pupils...so pretty my girl is and so sweet. As I type this part she is sitting on my lap. Passie in her mouth, very SURREAL...We are so thankful for our little miracle.

15 comments:

A Team said...

She is SO BEAUTIFUL!
Just too precious for words!

Amy said...

Lovely description of the morning you met your little sweet girl.

Did you get my email?? (I talked about my new found love for Beckty True Religions) My phone message? Will we actually make phone contact tomorrow? I hope so!

The Redman's said...

Very sweet. That will be a moment in your life that you'll never forget...and one Maya will love hearing over and over!!!! :)

Miss you! Let's chat soon!!!

xoxoxo
-Suzi

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful experience with us. You are right she is precious.

Michael and Michelle said...

Can you believe you walked the path to HH!!! I dream about it and think about it lots!! I can't imagine doing paperwork before we meet our child/children. I pray that we have that same peace. When you wrote about the children playing at HH, it gave me butterflies!! I can't wait to see that!
Do any of the people you traveled with have blogs?? They brought home toddlers right???
I can't wait to hear more.
Michelle

Anya Bridges said...

I love these little pieces of your story! I know it must seem too much for words, but keep them coming! Josh looks like a natural giving her the bottle! You guys are amazing - really. & I want you to know - that headband is perfect! She is the cutest thing!

Tara said...

Oh how I loved to hear the story of when you first met your babe!!! She is the most precious thing EVER!! You guys must be in heaven!! I can't wait to meet you all at the blog union!!! Woohoo!

Coming to Amharica said...

Thank you for sharing all of this with us. Keep it comin'

Dee Dee

p.s. Maya is a beauty!

Courtney Rose said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful, wonderful experience. I am SO happy for your family!

Erica said...

Precious Post! A forever memory of meeting your sweet girl. Such an incredible experience.

megan said...

She is beautiful!!! Its hard to belive she could be anymore beautiful in person!!!

A Team said...

NEW POST
NEW POST

WE WANT A NEW POST

The Redman's said...

I'm right there with Tracie-- bring on the new post!!!!! What, are you busy or something?!?! :)

xoxoxo

Jana said...

thank you for sharing this!!!

Amy said...

Will you tell me the brand of your shirt you are wearing in these pics? Splendid? Its cute.