Monday, March 17, 2008

First Doctor Visit

Today was Maya's first visit to the doctor! I cant find my moms (ahhh) camera with all the pictures from the big day though so i will close with another pic of Maya. Anyway she has been such a great baby! Today after the shots though she was fussy and just wanted to be held by mommy...wow what an amazing feeling! Then grandma and I took her for a walk in the stroller. A very nice day...

I know i havent posted about our time in Ethiopia. Right now i just don't know what to write about it. It was an amazing experience. I would LOVE to be back at Hannah's Hope with Almaz and my travel group. I literally long to be there, hearing Amaric, watching the kids, watching the special mothers...watching the amazing children bond with their new parents. If the plane ride wasn't soooooooo long I would want to go back soon...BUT I am happy and content at home. IF ANYONE GOING NEXT WEEK CAN GET ME THE NAME OF THE CD ALMAZ PLAYS FOR THE BABIES WHEN THEY ARE SUNBATHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I am just dying to hear that music and play it for Maya at home...

Here is a pic of Maya with one of her favorite people in Ethiopia!

12 comments:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

SHE CANNOT BE ANY MORE ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to hold that sweet thing.

kristin said...

She is serisouly SO pretty!

Nicholas said...

Great update!

Anonymous said...

She is a doll!!!

John and Heather said...

Wow Julie, Maya is absolutely beautiful. I see a future for her and Abel! I can't believe that I leave in 4 short days:) I will ask about the CD as well! Glad you're home with your baby girl! Pretty amazing, huh?

The Gresham Clan said...

Oh goodness, what a precious picture of your baby girl!! Thanks for sharing :).
Kristin

Michael and Michelle said...

Wow! She is so cute! That face is amazing! I love any pictures you have of her.
Michelle

Amy said...

Really... she is amazingly beautiful!

Jocelyn said...

She is so adorable...I can't wait to meet her!!

Liv said...

we are so happy for you guys.. ive been keeping up with the blog while you were away and all of the updates.. you both make such PERFECT parents for her, she has such a beautiful spirit, you can see her energy radiating in the photos. We MUST meet this little blessing from God!!! Love you!!
Olivia & Steve

A Team said...

I LOVE HANNAH'S HOPE and I LOVE ALMAZ... just thought I would say that :-)

I am so glad you are home!!!!

SO GLAD
Now if we could just get together! haha.

Love u
Tracie

Gurskes said...

Hi! It was so great meeting you guys...and your doll face is sooo precious! WHY DID WE NOT SEE YOU ON THE PLANE? Did we end up taking different ones? Leul had his first doc. appt. too and it was AWFUL just tramatizing I think he screamed for the entire hour. Poor babies they just go through so much in such a short amount of time. I agree about wanting to post about Africa....but I can't seem to place all my emotions.... glad i'm not alone.

Your family is beautiful

God Bless,

Bethany