Friday, March 21, 2008

9 MONTHS

I think its amazing that the day after we got Maya home, my ticker said 9 months since we started the adoption process. Isnt that amazing! The whole thing from beginning to end was 9 months...

Maya is doing great. Had some fussy/teething/shots days but today was great! She came to the store for a little while, visited her husband Abel who by the way is doing better THANK GOD, had tummy time in the backyard with mommy and daddy, ate rice cereal, drank prune juice :) and went to bed. What a life huh!

So...When we arrived at the AIRPORT after we met Danny and Yohanas this is what we did...


Put all of our luggage in the van and drove to the union hotel. It was so surreal to be in Ethiopia, driving to the hotel and being steps away from our daughter but then having to go to sleep for the night after the 17 hour plane ride! It ended up being fine.

I had to call my mom to tell her we made it safe! Oh that was a tough call to my mom. I MISSED HER SO MUCH! That's Rosa. Tracie had a love affair with her. She was amazing. I loved her and 3 other girls that worked at the hotel. What women!

Thats it for now...hope u are all well...I will leave u with a Maya pic!! Cant figure how to turn it around so tilt your head! Thats the first time i put Maya in her sling. Better then my chihuahua right? :)

7 comments:

Brad and Fran Hoagland said...

I love reading your trip details. I am living my life thru you and very happy for you! We just finished our homestudy and waiting for our 171H. Cant wait to read more and your little girl is absolutely beautiful! I have also been eyeing those slings, but cannot decide on which one. How did you ever decide?

A Team said...

now if you would just quit calling her NOONIE...

haha!!! First you had the dog in her sling and now you are calling her by the dog's name. Josh is with me on this one... NO NOONIE!

Love u
Tracie

The Redman's said...

Do you really call her Noonie?!?!?!? Hate to admit it, but Mike's been calling me that for years!! Kind of a joke around our house!!! so.... for the sake of her Auntie Suzi--- keep calling her Noonie-- and just stop calling the dog it!! :)

Loves to you!
-Suzi

Jocelyn said...

Hey there, did you see that Pacey tagged Maya...she has to do it all by herself you know:-)

Michael and Michelle said...

What kind of sling is it (hot sling)??? I do think Maya looks better in the sling then your little pup:) Her face is amazing. I showed one of my friends today and her jaw dropped! Breath Taking, seriously!!!
Michelle

Tara said...

Oh that is such a sweet mother daughter pic! Precious. I love that you call Abel Maya's husband...not her BFF or boyfriend-they've moved past that and are husband and wife. Heehee.

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable. I am so happy for you