Saturday, March 15, 2008

we are home!

Hi everyone. I just got to jump on the computer. I havent read any comments or anything yet but i want to say a few things. Maya is about to need a bottle but i have been thinking about 5 points from my trip...

1. All Gods Children is the most amazing agency. I would use them over and over. No bumps on the way, everything was planned out to the tee. The people there are amazing.

2. Almaz is an angel sent from God who untied us with our Hannie/Maya.

3. WE are so in love with this little girl. The emotions I feel for her and Ethiopia are too amazing to express now...it was very hard for us. Very amazing but very emotional.

4. The families we traveled with are the most amazing people i have ever met. They are just such amazing people that will be in my heart forever...

5. I am in love with the children there. Your babies, toddlers and kids are just amazing. They have such spirits...I have much to tell about each child so as the days go on i will send emails to each of you okay? I know some of u are traveling soon...Megan and DD and Jacqui...i cannot say enough about your kids....just no words. they are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I heard that 11 (ahhhhh) referrals went out when i was gone. Thats amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love them all, u are all so beyond blessed to have these children as part of your life u are not going to believe it!!!!!!!!

and now without further adue...(how do u spell that) Here is my Maya Hannie...
this is not a pic from Ethiopia when we were with her but one i got before. I havent loaded anything on to the computer yet...










With Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Sammi and mommy and daddy


This is my sister, Sammi holding Maya!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing with us. I am so glad that you are home with your baby. We miss you.

Coming to Amharica said...

"Where's the beef...I mean picture?

So happy you are home and I just hang on every word you say about Ethiopia. I cannot wait to get there! Thank you for meeting our "S", for giving him some love (not that he's lacking any at HHE), for taking pics, etc.

I'm sure you are enjoying Maya right now :)
Dee Dee

Braedensmommy said...

Julie, Sweetie Pie!!!!!
I am so happy you are home!!!! Enjoy yourself this weekend and we will LOVE to hear about your trip and see pictures of the angel MAYA when you are ready!!!
Love,
Megan

JamieV said...

I'm so happy to hear that you are home. This is Auntie Jamie from the Gurske's page. I am patiently awaiting their arrival. I'm so happy that they had such wonderful people to travel home with. I hope the flight was good. Thanks for keeping my best friend company, I know she was excited to meet you and sweet Maya!

Jocelyn said...

WELCOME HOME!! I am so excited for you and can't wait for pictures...I understand all your points, the trip was so life changing for me...and it sounds like for you as well! Please blog soon about your journey, I will be waiting and give miss Maya kisses and hugs from Jocelyn and Pacey!!

Amy said...

Oh Julie! You are home with sweet Hannie!
I CAN"T WAIT to talk to you.

love you!
Amy

Nicholas said...

She is stunning and you're glowing mommy! :)

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

SHE IS PERFECT!!! I wish I had been there at the airport to welcome y'all home.

Love you,
Lindsey

Unknown said...

WOW!!! I am going to have to make a trip to Tennessee to meet Maya. She is gorgeous! Words can't even explain! And Sammi...what a big girl she is! So pretty :)

Erica said...

Oh Julie she sweet little Maya is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so happy for you!! Congratulations mama and papa!!

Amber said...

This is such a crazy question- but, I just found your blog and I was wondering if you live in Knoxville, TN? I live in KNoxville, and my Husband and I reallly want to adopt from Ethiopia- but we are not sure about a lot of things..... okay, so a long comment from someone you dont know- but reguardless- I would love to email you with some questions, if you would be willing- I was most curious- because I think we live in the same city!!! (my email is in my blog profile)