This was the first pic we took at the airport leaving to go get our girl on March 8th at 2pm. Little did we know what we would face in about 24 hours from this picture...
We are on the plane now on ETHIOPIAN AIR! There is a non stop repeated elevator music that was wearing on my nerves but overall we were sooooooooooo excited to FINALLY be walking in the footsteps of so many people that went to pick up their children...so many people that I love
deeply. Andy and Lisa were sitting right in front of us. What a wonderful couple! We were so beyond blessed to meet and travel with them. (and the other 2 couples...words just cant express)
Anyone who traveled to Ethiopia knows how excited we were to see this on the screen!
These two men are the most amazing men I have ever met (besides Josh and my dad)...Danny and Yohanes were our drivers in Ethiopia. Their love for the kids is just amazing. I loved being with them and just watching how the kids at Hannah's Hope absolutely ADORE them...I will forever keep them in my heart! Oh and to hear the kids say "DANNY" in their little Ethiopian accents is too cute! :)
Seeing our names on this sign was a very sureal moment. We were in the country where our daughter was! We were on the same continent! I just couldn't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
The Begining of our TRIP to ETHIOPIA...
Posted by obligato at 5:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




9 comments:
I remember that moment thinking you want everything to stop so you can study it by memory so not to foget not one moment, i didnt get the name on the sign mine was not that romantic we had to actually look for danny :) SO its nice to know they were waiting.
Its great that your home Julie!
Did the music play the whole trip?? So what your saying is, bring ear plugs.
Michelle
I'm laughing at Michelle's question because I was wondering the same thing?! If so, that's a whole lotta elevator music!! I heard ear plugs come in handy because of the rooster outside the Union Hotel.
Julie, I can't wait to hear more and more about your trip. It sounds like you are rollin' with this new mommy thing. Can't wait for more updates. (Anxiously awaiting my travel call!! Pray for us ;)
Thanks for the pic of our baby!!!!!!!!!
Dee Dee
I love the picture of the screen... I so remember seeing that and anxiously watching the little airplane inch closer to Addis Ababa. :)
I also love the picture of the airport...ahh the memories!
You are home now Julie..you are home with your precious little girl!
Hi,
I don't know how I stumbled across your blog, but we are waiting for a referral from Ethiopia. Everytime I read one of your posts I get a little teary-eyed, thinking "that's gonna be us in a few months!" I can't wait to meet my baby and it's been wonderful to follow your experience.
abby
Sooo cool, Jul.
I get goose bumps! I want to travel so badly!!! You guys look so happy and content on that plane!
A friend sent me a link to your blog because we, too, just adopted from ET. We've been home for about 6-7 weeks now, and we've welcomed Dosen (10months) into our lives forever. We live in Cleveland, TN. Welcome home, and Maya is just beautiful!
web.mac.com/jstum
I love those signs.....how great!!!! I can't wait to hear about the ENTIRE trip!!!!! Did you get my message.....can't wait to talk. I love Maya in the Bumbo.....SO CUTE!!!!!! She is beautiful.
Love,
Lindsey
P.S. I could have an anxiety attack thinking about 24 hours of elevator music....TERRIBLE!!!
Oh, I can't wait. So excited!! We are looking forward to all those things! Not that you've hear it before but...Maya is so beautiful!!
Post a Comment