So, I get home from market today to see a new Maya. Her hair is longer, she is laughing more (if that is possible) crawling forward but mostly STANDING. Whether in her crib, play area or leaning on the couch the girl stands constantly. You would think she would be exhausted from standing...no not Maya...she is always on the go.
Almost up

Balance on one foot

Ahhhhhh right where she belongs...
In other news... I am concerned about...my Ollie. He is depressed. He is gaining weight. YES i said gaining weight. We have had the boy for 6 years and for all 6 years I had to attempt to hand feed him while he only ate the red pieces of the Ben-i-ful. So frustrating. Then we had to put gravy on it, chicken broth, anything to get the dog to eat. His ribs constantly showed. NOW ever since we brought Maya home he has been eating non stop. Its actually shocking. All of a sudden the dog can eat all day. Eat in a hysterical manner. Its BIZZARE. Does anyone know why? He also lifted his leg in Maya's room last night on her curtain.......hmmmmmmmmm jealous someone? Its sad for him. Here is is at his new weight...


poor guy. He still sleeps in my bed under the covers. Hopefully he will be able to rise up out of this depression. In the mean time look at my other girl who is still happy and fat...

Congrats on all the other referrals this week! Yeah!






10 comments:
Ok, I am no expert on dogs at all. I, like Tracie, am not a fan of the dog. I mean, I am sure yours are precious though... :)
Maya is getting big! I can't believe how much hair she has now! :) It is so cute!
Silas is blowing kisses to Maya....
ok, I am leaving you the link to the short here... I feel like you don't get a lot of my emails...:(
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2969363?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=true+religion+sophie+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults
Copy and paste that. Look and see the cuteness.
Why did the link get cut off? Here it is again..
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2969363?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=true+religion+sophie+in+All+Categories&origin=searchresults
ok, fourth comment in a row from your biggest fan apparently. the link isn't working.... I will try to email you the link again!
geesh.
I am sorry... what the heleezy are you talking about me being skinny enough to wear those shorts! They are not short!!!!!! I have seen pictures of you on here sporting your bikini and YOU ARE SKINNY! Crazy girl. I am afraid you have a wrong impression of me if are thinking I am skinny... don't be disappointed when we meet. :) We are meeting! Yahoo!
Yes, fifth comment... in a row.
I am a huge fan of Julie Beeler!!!!!
I can't believe how fast your daughter is growing up. I love seeing her change and grow. She is beautiful as always.
Yes, JULIE IN HER BIKINI... that was a post in the past... She is all about wearing as little clothes as possible - haha! I know you are dying with me saying that right?
How did i miss that you were back today?! WELCOME HOME.
Poor Ollie.
Our Boston Terrier had the same issues....lifting the leg in Eva's nursery, moping, etc. We are not experts, but I think you should buy Ollie some new toys and lots of low-fat (he he) treats. Show him that he is still pretty darn cool too. :)
Hi - lurker coming out of the woodwork to give you some puppy advice. But before I do that - Maya is adorable. We are waiting for our referral from Ethiopia so I've been enjoying reading about how you 3 became a family.
Anyway...I train dogs and here's my guess as to what's going on...You dog was "the baby" of the family before Maya came home. He was pretty comfortable in his position in the pack. He knew he didn't have to claim any territory or guard his food. Now however, he has some competition. In his little doggy brain, there is another puppy in the family trying to take his place in the pack order so he's going to put a stop to it. He's going to claim territory away from the puppy (i.e. marking in Maya's room) and make sure he gets enough of the food he wants (the fast eating).
This comment is getting long, but if you want any tips on how to deal with it, feel free to e-mail me abby at monkeyouttanowhere dot com.
Poor Ollie! Thats so sad he knows he isn't the baby anymore!
Post a Comment