Saturday, June 7, 2008

8 MONTHS OLD!

Today Maya is eight months old! She is certainly a different baby then the itty bitty little girl we brought home three months ago to the day. We left on March eighth to bring Maya home! Tomorrow it will be three months since we left to go to Ethiopia...

Tonite Josh and I were walking ollie and pushing Maya in the stroller and she reached out for my hand and then laughed when she looked at me. What a amazing girl. She is such a funny girl with TONS of personality...We are loving this girl so.........eight things about My Maya.
1. She smiles with her eyes
2. Her eyes glisten
3. She crinkles her nose and sticks her tongue out when she laughs
4. She is almost crawling...pulling herself forward
5. She LOVES apple with vanilla grain DHA baby food
6. She LOVES the water! (thanks Tracie for the pool days)
7. She LOVES her daddy, grandma and grandpa
8. When she wakes up from a nap or in the morning her whole body does a dance in excitement to see me! LOVE it!

Maya today having her bottle


I realized that I never posted ANY of Maya's referral pics.
So now that we are allowed to b/c we are home, here are the first pics we ever saw of our daughter. What a amazing moment! Can u BELIEVE that was Maya when she was 1 1/2 months!

18 comments:

Eastiopians said...

Okay, she is gorgeous! I just found your blog today and I love it. I have already added you to my "blogs we love" list. :) We are going to start out Ethiopia adoption soon and I would love to know more about your experience with AGCI and their Hannah's Hope orphanage in Ethiopia. If you get a chance please email me at theresaeast1@yahoo.com and my blog is www.eastiesandcompany.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Happy 8 months sweetie girl!!

She is gorgeous as ever.. seriously.

DC said...

Maya is so beautiful! I can't believe she's already been in your arms for three months!!

BTW . . . We decided on Gladney and started our paperwork. I'm so excited to finally get the ball rolling! :)

A Team said...

HEY!
I have a new blog address...
If you put it on your blog roll, list us as the A-Team...
We are trying to be a little more ambiguous with personal information.

www.tnateam.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Trace

Lauren said...

Maya is so beautiful! We just filled out our application with AGCI and I'm planning on sending it in tomorrow:) Those referral pictures get me so excited to see my little girl about a year from now:)
*I'll probably be ordering some shirts soon. I love them.

Eastiopians said...

Okay, freakie! I just realized you work about a mile from where I work. I have been to Obligato and loved on sweet Ollie probably over a year ago or longer(I have a pug and Ollie looks like a mix of a pug). It is such a small world! We are going to the AGCI picnic in July...will you guys be there? Would love to meet Maya. :)
Theresa
theresaeast1@yahoo.com

Nicholas said...

Oh those referral pictures melt my heart. Three months already! Wow!

Anonymous said...

cI like how u left out her aunt on this here blog! thanks pal!

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jackie said...

She is absolutely gorgeous!

sar said...

hi julie,

my name is sarah, and my husband and i are just beginning our ethiopian adoption with AGCI!

we would love to chat with you and other AGCI families and learn as much as we can about this wonderful process!

we have just started on all the paperwork and we can't wait until the day when we can hold our baby in our arms too!

congrats on three wonderful months with your maya!

sarah [[in n.c.]]

Robin said...

Julie,
Maya is gorgeous!! She just keeps getting more beautiful!I love all of the pictures:)
Robin

DC said...

Sorry for subjecting you to the ugly cry. ;) But the story is just soooo sad, huh?

DC said...

Just wanted to share the good news that I heard back from Debra Parris, and we have been preliminarily approved!! We're scheduling our phone orientation for next week!! I'm so excited that the ball is finally rolling. Thanks again for being a great source of inspiration. :)

megan said...

She is so beautiful!!! I love her referral picture, I am sure your heart melted the first time that you saw her!

The Gresham Clan said...

I love those bright eyes - they're breath taking! It's amazing to see how much she's grown since going to Hannah's Hope and then coming home. God is amazing!

Kristin

Kristi J said...

Hey!! Kristi Johnson in Brentwood commenting...aren't you in Knoxville?? I blogged about my cute single cousin Todd who is doing his residency at UT right now...Isn't TRacy A. in Knoxville too?? Check out his pics on my posting today and let me know if you have any single friends for him. He's adorable!! I saw him this weekend and told him I might know some Knoxville girls that could possibly know single people???? Kristi

A Team said...

yea... I am not into calling him Abe.. but tell me how to give him another name. It's so silly. Think I am gonna just start calling him by his name.

RETARDED!

YES I MISS YOU!
Girl, I'm all about this photography thing
Check out
www.favoritepictureoftheday.blogspot.com

haha