Tuesday, February 26, 2008

PACKING

I had this feeling or thought tonite as i was hysterically, yes Tracie hysterically packing. I was like a non stop machine on a mission. As i was packing all the donations that so many wonderful people have given us to bring on our trip i thought, all of these little onesies or pants or bibs will be on your future children (you AGCI people)...Maya is probably wearing donations from when the Rudy Family or the Armstrong Family went and our donations will probably clothe Dee Dees baby or someone's child we do not know yet. What an AMAZING thing to be part of. I am so grateful for this whole process and feel blessed beyond measure to be a little tiny part of it!

11 comments:

A Team said...

that is SO cool. Yes, Suzy saw Abel in a blanket that she donated. How cool is that?

What a great thought...

Keep packin'!

COUNT DOWN TO MAYA

Coffeybunny said...

Hadn't thought of that! Yes, the beautiful chain of love we get to be a small part of. Adoption is simply amazing in so many ways.
We're counting down to MAYA with you, can't wait to meet her!
I know you're already an incredible mommy, Maya gets to find out soon too. :)

Our journey said...

Wow! That is a really wonderful thought. What a beautiful cirlce of love these children are a part of.

Amy

Outdrsycple said...

I hadn't thought of that how fun! I hope my little guy will be wearing the dontations soon...whoever he is :)

Teabo Chica said...

Thats great! If you are anything like me you will pack and repack and reapack again. Oh here is a tip take things out of boxes and but them in zipcloc baggies.

Coming to Amharica said...

You brought tears to my eyes!! I can't wait to take my donations to be used on other sweet little babies too. I found out over the weekend that my sweetest friend, Jodi, ordered a shirt from you. I was thrilled to see her wearing it over the weekend. She hadn't told me she bought one, but I told her that my baby is probably wearing the diapers that are a result of her contribution. Fun to think about!!
You are so sweet to think of my baby as you're packing.
Dee Dee

The Gresham Clan said...

That's pretty awesome! I hope that my child/ren are already at HH at that they get to blessed by the so many people who donated :). And then in turn, I can't wait to bring our donations and bless so many others. This is such an amazing experience! Have fun packing!!!
Kristin

Christina said...

Oh amazing!

I found your blog through the BlogUnion Site....

We are going as well!

Have an amazing time in ET!!!!!

Gurskes said...

okay so I keep saying that i'm going to call you at the store and the day passes by and i've yet to do this! :-( I'm really not like this usually......I think I don't know which way is UP right now! We leave on Sat. and I think the "freak out" is starting to sink in! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm hoping to chat your ear off before Sat.

Much loves and SAFE SAFE travels!

Rebecca said...

So soon?!? Can you even believe it? I can't wait to see pictures of Maya!

Michael and Michelle said...

So maybe your dressing my my child/children! All God's Children is like a family!! I love it.
Thanks for the congrats on our FDL. That was a long, hard wait. Hard because we had been done with our paper work and ready but couldn't be a number until we got that letter. Others would get theirs and waited a very short time. So they got on the list before Mike and I did even though our dossier has been in Ethiopia since Dec. 10th. God must have the perfect child/children for our family, and I'm totally trustin in Him!
I can't wait to see your sweet Maya.
Michelle