Saturday, July 19, 2008

LONG Overdue...

Well, tonite I find myself writing words I never conceived of. Before I write them I have to go back and talk about something I don't EVER blog about but talk about often and at the same time not enough...I am a messianic believer. I am Jewish and believe Yeshua (Jesus) is our messiah...Its a hard thing to talk about because as a Jewish family, lets just say we are A HUGE minority...to be a Messianic Jew. That is a WHOLE story for another day, how my faith came to be what it is.


Today, at 10pm on Sat night on July 19th, one day before my beloved mother's 56th birthday I find myself praying for her to be healed of uterine cancer. This is something I never thought would ever happen to my family but somewhere in the very back of our minds (my mom and I) we thought something is bound to happen to one of us and how are we ever (yes ever, we are both very dramatic)...ever going to deal with it. How do "they" deal with it. How did Tracie deal with loosing both of her parents and have this strong faith, how did my friend loose her mother? How did Kelly so faithfully deal with her husbands broken hip and father almost loosing his foot within the same month...How would i ever deal with it if something happen to my dad, Josh etc....I am starting to see that I would not have to deal with it alone. I am a believer in God and He will be with me. I am not alone in this.

So...my mom was diagnosed with uterine cancer two days ago. The words rocked me to the core of my being. ALL I can do NOW is pray to God that HE will give us the strength to go on and FIGHT this, trust HIM and feel peace that can only come from HIM.
We are CHOOSING to trust, believe and rest even though we don't "feel" it at all times. The biggest prayer is that the cancer did not spread out of her uterus and that it is contained and she will have a hysterectomy, radiation and be done. I have to tell you that my mother is struggling more then I have ever seen but she is growing more then I have ever seen at the same time. So am I. We are in this battle as a family and the family I have goes way beyond my immediate family. I have never been showered with more prayer and love in my entire life and I can tell you my mom is truly humbled from all of your emails, and calls. Please know how eternally grateful we are for all of your prayers. So without further adooo...(How do i spell that) Here is my mom, Margot, my best friend, grandmother to my daughter and one of the strongest women I know...

Happy Birthday Mommy!



21 comments:

A Team said...

This is so hard... yet, I see how GOD is already using it to HIS GLORY. I am so proud of you Julie.
WE CHOOSE!
TO BELIEVE!
GOD IS GOOD! (that's my added part :-)

I adore you sweet friend... more than you'll ever know!
and though I only know your mom through you and have been around her in being around you... I love her too!
Praying!

Jocelyn said...

Tell your mom that so many people will be praying for her to get through this. I am thinking of you and her.

Michael and Michelle said...

Julie Julie Julie,
We have seen God move mountains in the adoption world lately and we all know that He can move more than adoption mountains!!!!
I am so excited to see how God is going to use this "mountain" for His glory!!!!! We will pray that the cancer has NOT spread and for complete healing.

"...I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."
Matthew 17:20

I have faith!!!!!

Michelle

Troy said...

Julie, you know our God is a God of grace, mercy and love. I have chosen to fast and pray on Monday for your mom before her consultation and have challenged others to do the same. He will be glorified through this!

demp5 said...

Julie,
I have never met you, but I am a friend of Tracie's. Please know that I will be praying for your whole family, most especially your mom. We recently adopted from Guatemala, and I kept praying a verse from Exodus where Moses asks God to "show him His glory". Oh, how God did that for me! I will be praying that same thing for you.
Blessings~
Meghan

Rebecca said...

The Winters are praying for your mom today!

Nicholas said...

You said it perfectly; TRUST!

It is so scary to throw everything going on in your heads to trust, but you must... without a doubt.

More prayers for you and your beautiful Mom...

Lori

Abby said...

Julie,
We continue to lift Margo & your family up to our Heavenly Father who hears our prayers, loves our souls, heals our wounds.

Love you,
Abby

Jackie said...

Oh Julie,
We are praying. I'm so sorry you guys have to go through this. Please know that we are thinking of you and praying ceaselessly. Margot is such an amazing woman - so strong and so sweet and caring, all at the same time. I don't know what to say. I know...it's always in the back of my mind too - that something will happen one day and how will I deal? How much?!?!?!, Jules, will this 'rough time' ever end? God is good. That we know. Please know how much we are interceding for your mommy.
love,
c and j

Blog Shmog said...

Wow. Praying for your sweet mom and your entire family as you choose to believe in God's ability to heal and restore your mom 100%.

JonesEthiopia said...

Found your blog through Tracie (traveled to ET at the same time as she and T to pick up our daughter R) and have been following your blog since then. I will be praying for you. I know how hard this type of cancer can be, but my grandmother was cured of it, an absolute miracle, and I believe that your mother can be, too. Maya needs her too much for you to go anywhere. Take care.
M

Amy said...

Julie... my sweet sweet Julie.

We are praying for complete healing!

Much love to you and your mama...

Julie said...

Thinking about you and your beautiful mom.

megan said...

I am praying for you mom,you, and your entire family! I am so sorry you are dealing with this.

Eastiopians said...

Julie, you and your mom and your entire family are in my prayers. I am also of an untraditional faith, but I also know that we are all in this together despite our differences. We are all interconnected and the strength of others and of what is much larger than us can move mountains. (My mother's name is also Margot btw, how cool!...I have always loved that name). I will pray that peace and hope washes over you and your mother.

Erica said...

We are praying here in AZ! Believing that God WILL heal your sweet mama.

Anne said...

Wow, Julie. I am so sorry to hear about this news. So so sorry. My mother had colon cancer (twice) and my dady had luekemia. So, I completely understand how crazy, sad, and even surreal this kind of diagnosis is. I really hope that you all truly can be comfoted by God and find peace through this experience (2 Corin 1:3-7).

Clearly He has put a lot of people in your life who care deeply about you and your mom; which is great. It is amazing how God uses situations like this to help us appreciate life SO much and every healthy day that we have.

I am really sorry that you have to go through this and that your mom has to endure this trial.

Romans 8:28-God works for the good for all who love Him; even when it really doesn't seem good. Be strong. Some good medicine is a few extra kisses and hugs from Maya; that will go a LONG way in the healing process for her (and you). :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your mom during these difficult times. You will see that God is with you and everything is going to be fine. Blessings.

Jesi Q said...

You and your mom will be in our thoughts. Stay strong for her and hang in there. The strength you two have together as mother/daughter and best friends will get you both through this!

Jana said...

Praying for your sweet mom. And for your family...

Holli said...

Praying for your family, for healing for your mom, and peace from God through this storm!
God is Good all the time!