Our Maya is going to be 9 months old tomorrow. I just can't believe it...So here are 9 things we LOVE about Maya.
1. She is standing with help and when she falls she looks at us to check and see if she should cry or laugh. If I go "aaaa boom" she laughs!
2. She plays up and down with my dad and twist and shout and twists!
3. She says momma! (although it was less this weekend) She had been saying Da Da...(Not sure if she is just saying it...learning likes the way it sounds etc...
4. If I say "NIP" to Maya she hysterically laughs...
5. She LOVES beyond words Gramma. When she hears her voice on my voice mail she gets so excited...when she hears her voice she is besides herself...Maya reaches for Gramma all the time.
6. Her CRAWL...Her crawl is so funny! She wants to walk (VERY BADLY) so her crawl isn't fully developed. She crawls and moves one leg like a frog...very cute.
7. She loves ZEE and Moose A. Moose on Noggin! She laughs and waves her hands when she hears them on TV.

8. My parents are so beyond in love with Maya. They come over for their "Maya fix" at least once a day (we live 2 minutes away in the same neighborhood) and when I am gone all day or with friends my dad says I took Maya away today...:)

9. She is the BIGGEST Blessing beyond WORDS to Josh and I. I cannot put into words how grateful I am to Maya's birthmother for doing the hardest thing possible and wanting a better life for her daughter. I was rocking Maya to bed tonight and was holding her in the way "we do", our special cuddle and I couldn't believe she is MY daughter! What a wonderful little girl...I am madly in love with her and so is JOSH! :)
P.S Ollie is still rapidly gaining weight! He is now fully going to the bathroom in the house. Its a nightmare...I feel so bad for my little man Oliver. He is so upset!





8 comments:
Happy 9 months Maya...will you do me a favor?? Will you call Pacey and tell her that crawling is fun?:-)!!
Happy 9 months beautiful, beautiful girl!!! I'm still waiting for "momma"!!!!
What a wonderful post. You are so right - what a blessing from God she is! It sounds like things are going so beautifully for your family!
Kristin
What a blessing; what a gift! She is beautiful. The blessing is full circle from birthmother to adoptive mother to beautiful Maya and back; each is a special blessing to the other:)
Great top 9 list! Happy 9 months Maya!
Such cute stuff! Happy 9 months Maya!
She is GORGEOUS!! What a blessing to have these children as ours, and a privilege to raise them with love and tenderness!!
Sweet baby girl! She is gorgeous Julie.
Post a Comment