Thursday, April 3, 2008

Day 2 HHE, Golf Club and SHOPPING!

Back to Ethiopia, Its so hard to get the time now to sit and reflect on exactly what went on every day BUT this was one of my favorite days in Ethiopia. We went to Hannah's Hope in the morning which was ALWAYS my favorite times in Ethiopia. There is just nothing like being with all the kiddies and Almaz, just nothing like it. I would do anything to be back at Hannah's Hope minus that plane ride. Here is Maya/Hannie with some of the women, Special Mothers that took such amazing care of her. They are one of the reasons that my little girl is the happy girl she is now! I am forever GRATEFUL to these women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are they not just the most beautiful women u have ever seen!

So if u can begin to imagine the amount of laundry that has to be done for all the kids and babies at HH...here is just a small sample that has to be handwashed and hung dry. The washing machine that they need to buy is actually 20k in Ethiopia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They need a commercial sized washing machine and dryer and that is how much it is in Ethiopia. Until they raise the money for that they will be hand washing and hang drying all of that clothing!

Here are some pics of my amazing travel group friends that I MISS SO MUCH!

The most amazing thing about the families that we traveled with was their immediate love/bond with the kids. Oh it was just amazing to see the kids LOVE having parents FOREVER.

Lunch at the golf club! It was such a beautiful day we ate outside. Danny and Yohanes ate with us. Sarah is holding Maya, It was like yesterday I remember exactly what we were talking about. Sarah I miss you, you left such an impression on me...I just PRAY one day we can all get together again.

Here is Kyle sitting with Yohanes. Kyle is 16 years old and traveled with his parents. To read more about them check out their blog. He is an amazing 16 year old. Just such a loving, great guy. What a good BIG brother. Yabbi and Gerti were crazy about HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (So were we :))

After we had lunch we went on a SHOPPING SPREE but we didn't buy nearly enough. I wish I had the chance to go back and buy all the things we forgot.

8 comments:

A Team said...

Did you not get that ONE LAST CHANCE at the airport? I shopped a little there.

Abel is making SOME NOISE TONIGHT! Letting us know HE IS HERE TO STAY :-)

Hey.. what is your friend's blog address.. It didn't look like it was linked.

I DIG YOU

Michael and Michelle said...

I too want the link to your friends blog. I love, love, love, reading about your time in Ethiopia!
Thanks for updating,
Michelle

Murphy Momma said...

Hey I guess it's looks like I'm the third to want to check out the blog you mentioned but no link. :) I can't see those kids faces well but I'm dying to know if these older kids that went home your week were some of the ones we met when we were there! How exciting! Sharon

the Steiger's said...

Looks like you guys had a great time in ET. All laudry women in the orphanages are my heros!!!
Lenka

Anonymous said...

Just had to stop and say how truly truly beautiful your daughter is. I am needing to surround myself with blogs where referrals have actually gone out. To remind myself that it actually does happen. Her sweet face is a good reminder.

Jamie

Coming to Amharica said...

Love all the pictures, Julie! I can't get over Mayas eyes....she is just precious. I hope you are all adjusting well.

Dee Dee

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting these photos and all your thoughts and emotions. What a beautiful little girl you have!! I can't wait to get to HH!

A Team said...

New post New post .. we want a new post (wait.. I think I have said that before).

I know you've been busy...

MISS U