Saturday, January 19, 2008

Baby Shower!!

Today my friend Kelly (Anya and Heather) had a baby shower for me and Maya. It was such a nice day. So many of my friends came and brought such meaningful gifts. I was so blown away by their love and generosity for this little girl all the way in Ethiopia. YES of course Tracie was there. All of our loyal blog friends would have wanted to know if Tracie was there and she was documenting it the whole time with her camera.

Below are some of the long waited baby room pics. The room was a total mess at the time so I just took pics of the crib. Another thing that is in all of the pictures is Coco...I saw this doll on Suzi Redman's blog back in August when she picked up her little Gracie. Coco is the doll i have been wanting for maya forever...Kelly surprised me at the shower with the blah blah doll so the doll is Maya until the real Maya comes home...


In Maya's Crib

In Maya's swing


In Maya's NEW High Chair (thank you Dori!)

Our friend Jean who is in the process of adopting a baby from El Salvador made Maya this bear and amazing blanket! The bear says Ethiopia on it but can say any country on it and best of all can be made out of any meaningful fabric you want...She can make a bear with the country you are adopting from on it out of fabric from a blanket your child had at the orphanage! Its a great idea and was a great surprise for me...check out Jeans blog here!!


10 comments:

A Team said...

Your shower was PRECIOUS!
You have great friends and a sweet community you belong to. Isn't it amazing how God has placed so many people in your life who have a heart for adoption? They were every where at your shower!

You got some sweet gifts! I love the doll Kelly got you and how it's been in all of Maya's "areas". HOW FUN! I bet Josh will dress up the doll ...

Don't eat too much popcorn while you are watching movies... remember Josh is on a diet. HAHA. He's the last person in the world that would need to be on a diet!

The Redman's said...

Love the shower pics!!! Looks like a fun time was had and that there was a lot of Maya love flowing!! :)

xoxoxo
-Suzi

Amy said...

LOVE that doll! I am glad you had such a fun shower! I also LOVE the new pictures of Maya! What a sweetie pie....

I know..It is my turn to CALL YOU! I am going to too..

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny that Coco is subbing for Maya! You really did get some great gifts yesterday...did you feel the love? I know I do love you and my sweet niece-to-be Maya! :) Kell

Coming to Amharica said...

How exciting! I love Maya's stand-in...I have a stand-in too! On to another week of waiting... ;)
Dee Dee

Jocelyn said...

Great shower pictures on Tracie's blog!! I love that Bear!! Thanks for inviting me to your blog, I was feeling all left out:-)! Did you get new Maya pics or was Amy talking about the ones that you sent me a week or so ago? If there are new ones....SEND THEM!!!!

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

BABY SHOWER........so fun!!!! Maya has a ton of people that already love her to pieces. Okay, I NEED ONE OF THOSE CUTE DOLLS FROM THE REDMANS. IT CAN BE ELIANA too because she has dark skin. I need (or maybe want) to put the dolly in her baby room. Where could I buy one?????? Your daughter is so GORGEOUS!!!

Love,
Lindsey

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I just bought a Coco doll!!! I can't wait to put it in Eliana's room.

Love,
Lindsey

Anonymous said...

It looks like the shower was so much fun. I am so ordering that doll if I get a baby girl.

Michael and Michelle said...

Looks like your shower was lots of fun!
I'm the Michelle that left the email on list serve for you.
Thanks for the invite!
Michelle