Thursday, August 14, 2008

Update on my Mom

So, sorry I haven't posted in a while. We found out on Tuesday that my mom does need to have Radiation. We don't know exactly when she starts but it will be for 5 weeks once a day. Its tough to comprehend all that has gone on. My mom is healing well and doing good. Still so thankful the cancer didn't spread. We did find out that the cancer she did have was aggressive so we are so thrilled it is out of her. Thanks again for all your prayers!

Maya is getting her first tooth! So very cute...she is doing great. I am busy at the store and worrying about my mom's every thought. Its hard to let go and trust that God is in control. I remember it and then loose it so quickly. The radiation is to kill anything that is lurking around. We heard it isn't that bad so I am praying she doesn't have any bad side effects.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

I know how you feel about the radiation and the fear of is it getting it all...I felt the same way with my Dad. He had very few side effects, just a little tired...my hope is that your Mom will be the same. Thinking of you guys!!

Michelle Riggs said...

I am so sorry that your Mom needs radiation, but I am thankful that they are being so careful with her. You are all in my prayers.

Thank you so much for praying for Abby. We are still in the hospital, but she is having fun playing with legos and barbies.

Erica said...

Praying for your mom and praying she doesn't have any ill effects from the radiation. ((((HUGS))))

Coffeybunny said...

Thanks be to God that the cancer was removed successfully. We'll pray the radiation goes quickly and the cancer is done.

A Team said...

Hey you!

We will continue to lift your mom up and get through the radiation as well.

I feel a "celebration" coming on when this is all over!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a downer that she needs radiation. :( i will continue to pray for her and for you. don't know what god is up to, but know He is doing something--and you're in the thick of it.

xoxo

A Team said...

why did you go private?