Tuesday, October 21, 2008

IN LOVE...

okay so, I am so beyond in love with Maya. She is the funniest thing. Ever since we went to Disney World my mom and i sing "Its a small world...after all" to her and she dances. She sways from side to side and when we are done we all clap, she does to. Her new thing is when we are finished with the song she looks at me with a very serious face and hums...to get me to start singing again. She loves music.

I never did 12 things about Maya we love most for her 1 year old birthday so here they are:

I love...
1. Her love for dogs! She goes crazy over all dogs. Even huge labs that are 100 times her size. She absolutely loves Ollie. Tonite she was sitting on him and he was sleeping. SO cute.

2. I had a glass disney statue collection when I was younger so after our trip I decided to set them up in her room. Maya goes NUTS everytime she sees the statues. I give her each one and she goes mmmmwah and then I put them back and take the next one and she kisses the next one. over and over again...

3. When she wakes up in the middle of the night or right before bed she still likes to be rocked. We get in the normal postition and cuddle. Sometimes I will be thinking she is sleeping and she has this mischevious laugh...then i look at her and we both start laughing. Its adorable!

4. Her gummy/bottom 2 teeth smile! I really dont want her top teeth to come in (they are coming) b/c I love her top gums! They are so cute! My baby is growing up!

5. This new skirt we bought her. My mom and I took her to Old Navy and we saw this ballet pink tulle skirt. Its the cutest thing. She went nuts in the store wearing it and talking to this fake dog they have. She would scream at it everytime It talked.

Here is a pic...can u die! She is going to wear blk baby legs, this skirt, a white shirt and big bow for Halloween.

6. My mom got her a eyore doll and everytime she sees him she embraces him and hugs him!

7. When she hears Josh or my parents come to the door she goes huhhhhh and breathes in air! We run to the door togehter and celebrate their arrival!

8. She is ALMOST walking! Today she took steps across the room without anyone holding her hand.

9. She LOVES go-gart! YOGART. I freeze them for her and she sucks them. If they arent frozen
she finishes them in one second. The girl loves dairy. Cheese, yogart, milk and tons of it...

10. She loves her mommy! If she is in daycare or with someone else for the day and I or Josh pick her up she screams when she sees us!

11. She has a toy cell phone that Aunt Kelly got her for her birthday and she talks on it, then hands it to me then my mom then looks at it and texts! I am serious she looks like she is texting!
12. Her newest trick. I chew gum all the time and i look over at Maya and she is chewing her tounge like I chew gum! SOOOOO cute.

Maya, we love you more everyday. Every day our loves grows deeper for you. You are the JOY of my life and I thank God He brought you into our lives.

P.S. I of course am getting the major adoption bug and WOULD LOVE to start the process over again BUT we have to pay off our debt first...Its so hard to wait. I would LOVE to adopt from Ethiopia again and go through the whole thing again...we will see.







10 comments:

Special Delivery said...

So amazing! What a great little girl you are raising! She sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I am thrilled for all of you! Oh, and a belated Happy Birthday to Maya!

Michael and Michelle said...

What a sweet baby!
I would love to start the adoption process again too....wait a second, we aren't finished with our first adotpion. I wish we could start the process right when we get home:)
Michelle

Jocelyn said...

Love that sweet picture of her!!

Eastiopians said...

It is so clear to see, when around you and your husband, that Maya is adored! I think your faces light up as much as her face lights up. What a sweet family you are.
Theresa

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Maya is AMAZING!!! I will call you this week friend!! We are finally back from LR....and we are trying to start some sort of routine. Be praying for us!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ha wow hysterical that you still have your glass disney collection!! How did that make all the way to Tennessee! That is the cutest thing ever that she kisses each one!! She sounds so amazing I need to see her!! Kills me that you guys are so far away :( Love you guys, can't wait to see you Jul! xoxo Tal

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTY!! i love baby gums too!! and how sweet the giggling when cuddling. awww.

Unknown said...

It's been so long since I checked in on Miss Maya. I can't believe how big she is getting. What a joy she must be. She is such a love bug! Of course she needs a little brother, Mom and Dad!!!! But the debt can be much--we've done it twice now. One thing for sure is that if it's God's will, it will be done!

The Redman's said...

OK- you promised Halloween pictures!!!!!!!! :)

Amy said...

I had given up on checking your blog, but look you posted!

Sweet little girl... I love that sweet skirt. Can't wait to see pics of her from halloween!