Monday, September 15, 2008

Our US Citizen!

Maya became a US Citizen on Sept. 4th! Here are pics from the day.

My mom is doing good. Starting her third week of radiation so far so good! We are praying she stays healthy and doesn't start to get sick. She is being so strong! Looking at the pictures below you would never think she was going thru radiation. Thank you for your continued prayers.
Ollie is now blind (my dog) the weight gain and vision problem is all leading to a acute retinal disorder. My poor dog. I cant believe he is blind. My heart is broken for him. We are going to the opthomologist tomorrow to confirm this is the case! :( I can live with the blindness, I just want him to be happy again! My ollie...who would have ever thought.




Maya's Auntie Kelly came to celebrate the big day!

11 comments:

Amy said...

Yah!

Cute pictures!

Elizabeth Lyons said...

Hey there!

Yeah! Love your hair - did you get it cut? I'm going private too - you inspired me. I'm a bit paranoid at who's looking at the pics and videos on this thing! I was so envious of "trendy mindy" that she got to spend the day with you last weekend. Can that please be me soon? Please?

Continuing to pray for your mom!

Liz

Eastiopians said...

Great pics of Maya and you guys. I'm glad you finally invited me to be a part of your blog...ha ha. My boston terrier, Wasabi, is also going blind. We took him to the UT Vet clinic for an op. appt and he has cornial dystrophy and cataracts and would not do well with treatment. So, they said he would go blind in the next year or so. BUT he is still a happy camper. The doc said that dogs do MUCH better than humans in dealing with blindness...he said once they get the hang of it they are just fine. Sabi is more skittish around Eva b/c he can't see so well, but he is still very sweet and loving. Hang in there! Everything will be fine. It was good to see you guys Saturday. Maya is precious!

Troy said...

AWESOME ... thanks for the updates ... I hope all is well.

Mindy said...

Hi friend!! I texted you yesterday but my stupid phone is sooo messed up not sure if you got it or not??

We had the best time last weekend with you guys!! Brad can't stop talking about Maya - he totally adores her!!

I will call you this week sometime - m

Special Delivery said...

Yay! Such an exciting day! Your mom and the rest of your family continue to be in our prayers as she is going through her treatments! Blessings to you all! And, congrats, again, on Maya's big day!

A Team said...

Yea Maya!

Michael and Michelle said...

Cute pictures!
Your Mom looks wonderful....I've been thinking about her lately!

Michelle

Erica said...

YEAH!!! Way to go Maya! Silas' readoption is Nov. 15th - THEN we can do the citizenship. Your mom looks so good, praying for her!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Maya. I am so happy to hear that your mom is doing great.

Michelle Riggs said...

Congrats on Maya.

I am so glad that your mother is doing so well.

Thanks for praying for Abby and for tellling others about her.