Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy 11 Month Birthday Maya!

WOW! Do we really have an 11 month old! Maya has officially been with us longer then she was without us! On Sept 10th it will be 6 months with our little girl.


The is the first picture we ever saw of our little Maya. Hana then! :) How beautiful is that picture. I wish we were able to know her then. She was around 2 months old. We first laid our eyes on that picture on December 17th. We got the call at 12:45pm. A day that we will NEVER forget. I can't imagine how teeny she was. She was 7 pounds at the time.
11 things about Maya the we LOVE:
1. Her eyes
2. Her tongue smile...always sticking out the tongue
3. Her thumb nail...so dainty and pretty
4. Her baby talk and hand expressions (just like mommy)...all of a sudden she will bust out with a full conversation in baby talk and move her hands as if she is in deep conversation. LOVE this!
5. Her LOVE of balloons!
6. The way she loves my parents
7. The way she plays on her own and talks (this is few and far b/t but we are working on it)
8. The way she KNOWS I am her mommy!
9. When she cries when I walk out of a room. (this is difficult if i have things to do but overall she wants to be with me!)
10. Her belly button. It can be an outie or innie! Its soooo cute. And her little naked body! The bow legs and upper thighs! I LOVE IT. My friend says she's like a chocolate bunny. You know how a choc bunny is so smooth and perfect. That's what she says Maya's skin is like :)
11. The personality on this girl is crazy. She is so funny. Like she gets it...whatever it happens to be at the time.
Maya we love you so much. I cannot even imagine life before you. You are growing up so fast. You are the biggest gift from God and we thank Him everyday for making you our daughter.
Love you
Mommy and Daddy
P.S Maya is a citizen of the United States!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pics to come...

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Yay! 11 months! Each time I read your blog I have this big silly grin on my face :)
John will be here in one month! YES! We got the email this morning that the judge gave her seal of approval on his paperwork! We're officially his parents! What a feeling...I am getting cold feet a little tho! Will we be good parents?! Will we raise him well?! You know, all the questions :)
We should travel the second or third weeks of October!!!!!!
xo,
jack

A Team said...

Love the zoo video...

TOO CUTE.
I forgot what yall looked like so it was good to see again....JK

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that your mom is doing well. I was about to email you to ask how she was doing because I was not able to get into your blog until today. I'm glad I'm back. Maya is so gorgeous, like always. God bless her. I have a very handsome boyfriend for her.