This day last year we were on a plane to Ethiopia to pick up Maya. Where did the time go. She was 17 months yesterday. Last March she was 5 months when we first met her. The most amazing thing about adoption is that it never leaves my mind. Ever. I am always thinking about Ethiopia, Maya's birthmother, the day we met her, the day we got our referral, the day we were put on the waiting list. Over a years time there are so many markers regarding our adoption I can't not think about it. We are so blessed beyond measure to have Maya as our daughter.
The craziest thing, my sister is going on a missions trip with World Orphans to Ethiopia, Addis Ababa on Tuesday A YEAR AFTER WE GOT MAYA! THE SAME PLACE! CRAZY...she is going to Kenya also. What an amazing experience she is going to have...Please pray for her not to get sick!
(I have been TRYING for a year now to upload a video I made to my blog. I made it on Microsoft Windows Movie Maker and it wont upload to youtube or blogger. It says it wasnt saved correctly and i have to go to the source of the video. I have no idea but its getting frustrating. Anyone know what i should do????
(I have been TRYING for a year now to upload a video I made to my blog. I made it on Microsoft Windows Movie Maker and it wont upload to youtube or blogger. It says it wasnt saved correctly and i have to go to the source of the video. I have no idea but its getting frustrating. Anyone know what i should do????
Okay back to March 8th. Here are some pics of that day since the video doesn't work!! :(
us in the airport waiting to go!
at the union hotel in Ethiopia doing paperwork before we got to meet Maya. That was a tough one, you wait for months to finally meet your child and u have to do paperwork first! I dont know how i got thru it...
FINALLY in my arms...

At Traditional Ethiopian Restaurant with Almaz, I was SICK int his pic. Very nervous for our birthmother meeting the next day. I was so overwhelmed and nervous I was crying in the bathroom. Almaz came and made it all better...the meeting with her birth mother was the biggest blessing of our LIVES.

us in the "car" driving to the embassy appt!
Hanging out at the union hotel...

The gates of Hannah's Hope.
So all this to say...March 10th, 2008 was our gotcha day and it was the most amazing day of our lives. Here is my Maya today.

Tracie took the most amazing pics of Maya and Abel! I absolutley love them and plan on putting them all over my house. Look at Maya and Abel is there anything cuter?? Thank you Tracie. I LOVE THEM!
17 months old and wild as can be! 17 things we LOVE about Maya.
We LOVE...
1. Her baby talk...it sounds like she is speaking Chinease. Its so funny. She goes on and on and on.
2. She LOVES Ollie, when Barney's I love you song comes on she hugs and puts her head down on Ollie.
3. How much she says Da...everything and everyone is Da. Josh is Dada or Daddy. My mom, dad and me are Da.
4. Her HUGS...she now puts her arms around your neck and squeezes...nothing is better.
5. Her LOVE of the cell phone. Talks on and on and even laughs in mid converstation...
6. Her love of people, especially women. She has the most amazing people in her life that take care of her and love her. Its beyond anything i could have imagined.
7. Her love of Papa and NiNi. She is crazy about my parents. The thought of papa and nini coming over is to much, it makes her legs kick and her point.
8. Her new thing is when its time to pick her up from school, whatever she is doing, dancing to music, playing with the bubbles, she sees me and does whatever she was doing harder. Showing off for her mommy! Its better then when she used to break down and cry!
9. Her cuddle time...we are working on bedtime but during the rocking phase we have a routine and if shes not tired or doesnt want to go to bed she breaks out in this fake laugh...i try to ignore it.
10. Her big toe. In all her referral pics i always noticed her big toe was always up. I thought oh whats wrong with it...now it looks exactly the same as in her pics. Its still straight up and FINE.
11. She has a way of making everyone feel special. If its someone at the store or a stranger she does this thing that makes u feel like she likes you and wants to be with you.
12. Her new word is "HI" with a hand wave, doesnt matter if u see her or not. you are getting a Hi!
13. Her TEETH...they are very cute. SHe still only has 4 but another is coming. They are very cute white teeth.
14. DANCING. When she hears music she dances in a circle. The girl LOVES music.
15. She knows where her belly button is. If u say wheres your belly button she lifts up her shirt.
16. MY FAVORITE. When we are driving in the car...i'll hear her make her noise, like mommy notice me and she sticks her hand out and wants to hold my hand for the drive. She only does this with me :)
17. I love her Ethiopian name Hana. I also love her middle name Annabelle after my grandma. Her name has so much meaning.
Maya we are crazy about you. You were created to be in our family. There isn't a day that goes by that we dont thank god for you. You are the LIGHT of our lives. U light up a room.









2 comments:
wow ... what a great post ... thanks for all the pics ... hopefully see all you guys SOON!
I had seen the pics on Tracie's site and thought they were just outstanding! just perfect.
Julie...so sweet. I can't believe it's been a year already. She is such a beautiful girl and very blessed to have you for a Mommy!
Post a Comment